BEST CAR BASS SPEAKERS BUYING GUIDE – WHAT TO LOOK FOR?
In the audio acoustic market, there is a considerable number of different subwoofers, for every taste and even color. However, they are all varied in sounding and cost, because they look about the same. Plus, they are arranged according to the same principle. Before you choose a sub, it is necessary to clarify some points.
First of all, you need to determine the size of the required subwoofer. Usually, appearance is not essential, especially for models, which are hidden from eyes in most cases. However, a trunk is not dimensionless and must be measured. Such products are of two types: pipe and square (or rectangular) box. There are no significant differences between them, except external ones. Decide where and how you are going to place a chosen model and what form it should take. After that, move to the next choice criteria.
Active or Passive
Car bass speakers divide into two types: active and passive. The first one is easy to connect, and it includes an amplifier. This is an amateur option and is ideal for those who don’t want to fool around with connecting and installing an amplifier. The main disadvantage of this type is sound quality – it will undoubtedly be much worse than that of a passive analog. However, due to the ease of installation and low cost, this type is quite popular among fans.
Passive car subwoofers for sale require a high-quality amplifier, which must match the sub according to characteristics; otherwise, it won’t be able to swing correctly. Such a pair will cost more and will take some time to install and connect; plus, the cost will be much higher.
Closed – as it is clear from its name, this is a closed type of sub, whose case has no holes. This option is the most popular, due to the optimal ratio of price and sound quality.
Vented – subwoofer made in the form of a pipe with a hole. It has deep and loud bass and is more expensive than the previous one; however, the sound is much better. A downside is that such a form does not always fit well into the luggage space of a vehicle.
RadPass – a sub that includes two good car subwoofers, each of which operates at its own frequency. Second, additional speakers serve to a lower overall resonant frequency of loudspeaker. This option is more expensive and is quite rare to find. As a rule, it is most frequently used on expensive cars or on those participating in car audio competitions.
Compact-Sub – a budget variant of medium size, easy to install and with an average sound. Models of this type, as a rule, are located in the passenger seat area.
BandPass – a sub of this type presupposes the location of the woofer inside a case, while sound comes out through the phase inverter. This option is not cheap, but good enough, as it allows you to connect it without a crossover.
Remember, in most cases, the characteristics of speakers, as well as subwoofers, are too high. The real power of the best car subwoofer can be easily determined by the height and diameter of the voice coil. The optimal size for such a device is 12-inch; it will provide excellent bass and will not take up much space in your auto. Good sound can be achieved by installing a 150-250 W model. Keep in mind that the sub power should be slightly higher than the one of the power amp. If you need a deep bass, install two subwoofers of different power.
Last but not least, try to buy a product from a reputable manufacturer. Models by companies like as Supra, Mystery, Callcell, etc. are not recommended. It would be advisable to pay attention to the best car subwoofer brands as Alpine, BOSS, KENWOOD, SONY, JBL, Morel, Pioneer, etc.
HOW TO INSTALL A SUBWOOFER? STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
This algorithm is suitable for both classic box and stealth subwoofer, but not for a wireless car subwoofer. Usually, the process takes about 1-3 hours.
- Find a technological hole. It is often closed with a rubber stopper.
- Lay the wiring in the engine compartment in a regular wiring harness and bring it to a salon. It is better to think in advance where the power cable will be laid. Be careful not to pinch the wiring.
- In the trunk, where you have the amplifier, wires are also outputted through a technological hole. Connect plus and minus to the amplifier, respectively.
- When an amplifier is connected to the power supply, it needs to be connected to a car stereo. To do this, use standard RCA cables and the amplifier power control wire.
- Connect RCA cables by the colors of connectors. Also, connect the positive power wire, if you want your best car subwoofer to switch on simultaneously with the car audio system.
- Stretch the wires through the cabin with a power cord. Connect RCA connectors to corresponding ports of an amplifier.
- After you connect a power cord to an audio system, you need to connect it to an amplifier, so that it turns on along with the sound system. Find the clem and connect to it the power wire from the audio system.
- Connect your best car, subwoofer to an amplifier. If it is a two-channel, connect it to both, so that the amplifier can optimally distribute power between them.
- Connect the clem to an accumulator and enjoy top quality sound!
THE BEST CAR SUBWOOFER. FINAL ADVICE
To sum up, if you want to install the best car bass speakers in your vehicle, you need to consider various factors. Based on our research and investigation of numerous product reviews, we can confidently talk about JBL GT-BassPro as being the best car subwoofer. This is one of the best car speakers, designed for those who want to add rich bass to a conventional car audio system. JBL GT-BassPro has a built-in amplifier that fits this best car subwoofer perfectly. Slipstream inverter technology provides deep bass and reduces noise caused by turbulence. The frequency filter built into this model allows customizing it according to your unique personal preferences. The kit also comes with a remote control that will enable you to adjust bass without the need of opening the trunk. So, if you choose it from the list, we promise that it will be the smartest choice ever!